JAKE'S STORY

I loved you the minute I knew I was pregnant. I loved you the minute you were born. Then I saw your face and fell in love some more. You were only a minute old but I knew I would die for you & to this day I still would. When you choose to have a child you make a conscious decision to allow your heart to walk around outside your body. Then if something happens to that child and you have to bury him a part of you dies with him

Jake was my youngest son who was killed on June 17, 2010. He was 40 years old but still "my baby". Left to tell his story are Mollye and Mike, Jake's mom and step-father; Skip and Jill, his dad and step-mother; his two sisters Lori and Shari, and his brother Buddy.

I hope you will get to know Jake as a person and what an awesome person he was. My wish is that you might leave here feeling just a bit more blessed from reading our memories of Jake our son, our brother and our friend.

The purpose aside from paying tribute to Jake is to honor those who were a part of Jake's life. Friends he loved and friends who loved him and who loved us through our heartbreak. I especially acknowledge in love Jake's Home Depot Family.

Thank You For Visiting Jake's Story and God Bless You, mizmollye

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Jake

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to Jakey...Happy Birthday to you...............and many more! These were the words I last sang to you Jake three years ago today as you and Mike prepared to go the the deer camp. How you loved going. For the past few years we didn't get together as a family to celebrate your birthday because you got to take a couple of days off to go hunting with Mike and I'd make or buy cupcakes for you to take with you and share with whoever was there at the time. Today is a different way of celebrating your birthday as you've been gone from us 2 1/2 years and on this your third birthday away. You would be 43 years old today and I sometimes wonder what you'd be doing and how your life would have changed but I stop myself from going there because for forty years we were blessed to have you in our lives and with people we love we always want more. To know how much I loved you and to stop and think just how much more Jesus loves you humbles me and I again receive another blessing in knowing you're with Him. But that doesn't stop our missing you. That will likely never end but one day all our family will be together again and we'll never know this feeling of loss. So today Jake I celebrate YOUR birthday. The day I gave birth to you and all the birthdays we had you with us. Happy Birthday Son and with so much love from your momma.

2 comments:

  1. that's a lovely, loving tribute to jake, mollye. and i know he's smiling down on you from heaven, on this, the day of his birth. God bless you as you continue on this journey of grieving, healing and each day closer to your glorious reunion with your precious son. love you!!!

    terry lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mollye. Your posts never fail to bring a tear to my eyes. I haven't been here in awhile but I think of you often.

    Happy birthday, Jake. Because of your mom's loving memories, you're in a lot of hearts.

    ReplyDelete

We are so honored when you take time to comment on something Jake said, did or stood for. Thank You!